I like to cook and often experiment with new recipes with varying degrees of success. Sometimes, however, it’s the easiest things to cook that end up in disaster, mainly because you are generally doing other things whilst cooking them. I found some sausage rolls in the freezer this weekend and decided to cook them as a snack to use them up. Unfortunately in my rush I turned the oven setting to grill by mistake. After about fifteen minutes there was a strange burning smell and the kitchen was full of black smoke. This is the result (below) with me looking very red faced, needless to say they went straight in the bin.