It’s that time of year again when Easter eggs fill the shelves of every supermarket. It’s very easy to be seduced to by the pretty wrapping and the seemingly cheap deals. However, perhaps we should take into account how much of the egg is actually edible. This article on The Guardian website states that some Easter eggs contain as much as 52% packaging, that’s not much chocolate for your money. They discovered this by weighing the packaging in relation to the edible content of the egg. Interestingly the Cadburys Cream Egg has only 6% packaging leaving a great 94% of edible content. The article approaches the issue from an environment perspective, trying to get manufacturers to cut down on the packaging they use. Personally for me the issue is that if I am buying an Easter egg then I want good value for money, and as much chocolate as possible…. mmm chocolate.